Eight Prompts

Mrs. T. at Chuchería tagged me for this meme, and it seems as good a way as any to take a break between grading essays.

Here are the rules:

1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about her or himself.
3. At the end of the post, tag 5-6 people and posts their names, then go to their blogs and leave them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer.

What was I doing ten years ago? I was a senior in college (a returning student). I was having a great deal of fun feeling incredibly smart and talented. I believe I was taking Women's Writing, The Twentieth Century Novel (that wasn't the course name, but it was the course function), Rhetoric (a grad class for undergrad credit), and Research Methods (a political science course). Those were heady times.
What are five things on my "to do" list today? 1.
Grade papers; 2. Call for an appointment for doggie baths; 3. do the laundry; 4. grade papers (did I say that twice?); 5. work on syllabus for summer term
Snacks I enjoy: hummus with veggies or pita bread; black bean dip with anything; apples with peanut butter; and coffee ice cream (not currently on the "can have" list)
Things I would do if I were a billionaire: Pay off my bills; rebuild my house; purchase "ranch" in the hill country; travel (notice that these are all things I plan to do without the billions)
Places I have lived: Jackson, MS; Decatur GA; San Marcos TX; San Antonio TX; Grand Canyon AZ; Omaha NE; Minneapolis MN
Bad Habits: eating when stressed, bored, lonely, and for sport; taking on too much work; being short tempered
Jobs I have had: maid, short order cook, waitress, artist's model, nursing assistant, tutor, adjunct and full time instructor
Peeps I want to know more about (or at least peeps I think may be interested in responding):

Cheri at Blog this Mom!
Claire B. at Claire and Me
Sojourner at What does it all Mean?
Anne at Almost Quintessence

I would love to know more about EVERYBODY, but most of you gals don't take part in memes very often, so I'm just going to leave it up to you!

Comments

Karen Jensen said…
Sounds like a plan, Cheri!
Sojourner said…
Check it out. I just finished mine. Though I cannot figure out how to get any paragraph breaks in the D*%$ed thing!
Minneapolis, hmmm? Was that for graduate school? If so, we wandered down the same ivy halls.
Claire B. said…
We're on, Prof J! Thanks for nudging me out of my blogless slumber. I don't know what I've been doing instead of writing lately--oh, yeah WORKING like a dog (not the one that is currently asleep in the lobby of my business).
You're taking a break from grading papers, I'm taking a break from writing them.

Any ideas on "The Role of the Mother in Influencing the Family Dynamic in Pride and Prejudice and Atonement?" Just kidding, I can do my own homework!
Mike Golch said…
I like the things that you were doing the thigs you would do and now I have to figure out my answers to these questions as well since Sojourner tagged mt to do this meme as well.
Claire B. said…
Ok, I did it. Come on by and learn all about me. IF YOU DARE.

Oh, that I were that interesting.

CB
Scout said…
You have lived so many places! I love coffee ice cream, but as of today, I'm trying to avoid sugar. We'll see if I can do it for more than 24 hours.

You haven't tagged me, but I think I'll jump in anyway.

Popular posts from this blog

Embarrassing Personal Revelation #892

Holy Shit! I am going to get a job washing dishes for a living!

First comes love. . .