My Utterly Awesome, Insanely Happy, Fabulous, Feminist Morning

Bloggy friends,
Are you sitting down?

Oh, right.

Anyway, I have big news!

Last night I got a call from my cousin Butch (hereafter known as the best cousin a girl could have or BC). Well, BC had donated 250.00 to the Clinton campaign in order to attend a breakfast with the candidate. AND HE COULDN'T GO! So, would I mind filling in for him?

Well, OK. I'm all about the family.

So, I went to the Hyatt Regency this morning, and who is introducing Senator Clinton?


That's right. . .

Gloria Steinem.

Yes, my friends,

The .
Gloria.
Steinem.


Of course, the 250.00 tickets were the cheap seats (read, no seats at all--we just stood in the back), so most of my pictures of Senator Clinton ended up looking like this.


And this.

And this.
Yes, that is a man with thinning hair in front of the senator.


Before the speeches, I heard a rumor that Gloria Steinem was going to be speaking at Justin's Ice Cream Parlor later in the day.
So I high-tailed it down there and I met Gloria Steinem.


It was love at first sight. We laughed, we cried, she invited me to live with her in New York.


Okay, I could barely stammer out that I was honored to meet her, but it was still great!

Here I am with my new BFF.


Both women were stunningly beautiful, exciting, and inspiring.

I am a very happy girl.


I apologize for the general suckiness of the photos, but I had to share this with you.

Comments

Who needs photos when you have great commentary? What a memorable experience.
What a morning! No wonder you were so excited.

(And I haven't seen any recent pictures of Gloria. She's still so fabulous.)
Gina said…
What a fantastic experience for you! I would love to hear Goria Steinem speak.
Mrs. G. said…
Hilary and Gloria? THUD! That's the sound of me falling to the floor is awe and jealousy. That is what I call a great and memorable day.

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAVE A PICTURE WITH GS!!!
Claire B. said…
AAACK! I'm not worthy to comment on your blog today!

Lucky you!!! How great is that?
Peggy Sez.. said…
I can FEEL your grin from here!
This has to rate as one of the best days of your life...ever...so far. ;p
Oh no you Din't.

How lucky are you?! I would have been gobsmacked all day long and unable to say anything to anyone.

Kim
Congrats! What a cool day for you. I saw Gloria in Toledo a few years back. She's a cool lady.
Sojourner said…
Mrs G.- what you said! Add another thud to hers- cause I just fell off my high chair at the breakfast bar! Holy mother of Pearl! What a day for you!
Grandy said…
CONGRATULATIONS ON A GLORIA(OUS) DAY!!

:)
Anonymous said…
That's just fabulous. So glad you got the chance to go, and to meet the Divine Ms. S.

BTW, you look pretty darned gorgeous in that top and necklace!
Mary Alice said…
What an amazing day. You look so happy.
JCK said…
That is a perfect day! I would LOVE to meet Gloria Steinem. Very, very cool! Thanks so much for sharing.
we_be_toys said…
I love your sucky pictures! Its hard to take good shots in a crowd, girl, but how exciting that you met G-L-O-R-I-A! I am very jealous!
Mike Golch said…
So the photos suck no big deal,as long as you found the day enjoyable,that is what mattered most anyway.Hugs and Blessings your way.
Anonymous said…
Congrats! Very exciting stuff!

Love that Ms. Steinem.
The Other Laura said…
I liked the photo ( great necklace + cleavage) and god, what an awesome day you had!

I am almost speechless.
Scout said…
How exciting! I had heard about Gloria Steinem being their. She was criticized for "diminishing" McCain's war record, when actually all she said was that being a prisoner of war does not automatically make one suitable for the presidency. But then you already know what she said.

And I think your photos of Clinton are artistic.
Anonymous said…
Love me some Gloria as well as Senator Clinton. Despite my angry post this evening about the way Repugnicans "donated" their votes for her in an attempt to secure a John McCain Presidency. My son called from College Station this week and told me he was just FEET away from Bill Clinton. "I almost got to shake hands with him, mom!!" I wouldn't cross the street to shake hands with GWBush, but I'd meet a Clinton any time. And Steinem is just the cherry on top.
Anonymous said…
Are you f***ing KIDDING me?
How luckyluckylucky are you?!?
I love the shot of Hillary's shoulder...priceless. So, when are you calling the movers for your move to the big city?

This is a fantastic post!
O.M.G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG! OMG! OMG!!!!!!

Can I touch you?

I think I may have actually let out a "SSQQUUEEEEEEEE!" at those photos!
Oh, and you look gorgeous in the the photos! That photo of you at the bottom is mahvelous, dahlink!
K. said…
How amazing! Now that's what I call a banner f'ing day!

And those photos are priceless. Perfect just as they are.
Oh My God: How incredible! You lucky lucky lucky. I'd shout it from the rooftop too - !
Wow! What an amazing day...love the pictures. Thank you for sharing :)

Heidi
Zenmomma said…
That's pretty phecking awesome! Tell Gloria "hi!" for me when you get to NY.
Irish Goddess said…
Sooooooooooo exciting!!!! Luck you!
PunditMom said…
I met Gloria recently, as well. What an amazing woman.

Popular posts from this blog

Embarrassing Personal Revelation #892

Holy Shit! I am going to get a job washing dishes for a living!

To Mary