Happy Birthday, Dear Susan

Today is my beloved Susan's birthday. I would make a joke about her age, but she sweetly informed me earlier that, while the first five or six comments were uproariously funny, it was wearing a little thin.

Today is all about Susan.

About a month ago, I asked Susan what she would like to do for her birthday. Travel? Go to a nice hotel downtown? Go to a spa? She said that what she really wanted was to visit the art museums here in town.

Am I lucky or what? If someone offered me the same opportunity, I might say "Let's buy some fire-engine red lipstick and go kiss Oscar Wilde's grave!" (Not that I am a HUGE fan--but who can resist Paris?)

But Susan opted for San Antonio. So today, after we stop by the gallery and help the new artist open up, we're off to see art. Our first stop will probably be The San Antonio Museum of Art. Neither one of us has been there for some time, so it will be fun. They have a great collection of Precolumbian art and some nice Americans as well. Then we're off to the McNay. This is one of my favorite museums in the world. It has some great modern pieces. The McNay was closed for many months while they built a new building and renovated the old. I can't wait to see it all! Finally, we will go to the Greenhouse Gallery, which is one of Susan's favorites, to look at contemporary art.

Somewhere in there we'll stop for lunch at Twin Sisters.

Then we'll come home and nap before dinner with family at Texas Roadhouse.

It should be a wonderful day.

I just want to say that I am grateful that Susan is. She makes my life so sweet.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear Susan,I waht to wish you a great big happy birthday. Hugs and Blessings to the both of you. you wacky blog friend Mike G.said that!
Gina said…
Happy Birthday Susan! I'm jealous.. Art museums and dinner at Texas Roadhouse sounds like a perfect day to me.
Mary Alice said…
Happy Birthday Susan....sounds like you will be having a blissful birthday with beauty, love, and good eats! Who could ask for more?
Susan Carlin said…
Thank you for your sweet birthday wishes, All! Karen ushered me though a wonderful day full of art and good food and family. 53 doesn't look so bad from here!
JCK said…
Happy Birthday to your Susan! It sounds like a wonderful, full, and satisfying day.
Happy, happy birthday Susan. May this year usher in life's finest sweet moments.
Happy Birthday Susan! And lucky you for be able to share it with someone who wants to give you your heart's desire.
Rima said…
I hope you and Susan had a wonderful day yesterday. Happy belated birthday to my fellow leo!
I had no idea the McNay was in such a beautiful building. How long has it been opened? Thanks for the post. I can now add this to my S.A. "to go" list.

Happy Birthday, Susan! Hope ya'll enjoyed museum hopping!
Anonymous said…
Birthdays are best when spent with people you love and who love you for the person you are right now...and not the person they hope you'll be one day. Eat another slice of cake for me! Happy Birthday!
Sojourner said…
Sorry I haven't been in blogland much lately- so a belated happy birthday Susan! And you don't look 53 either!

Popular posts from this blog

Embarrassing Personal Revelation #892

Holy Shit! I am going to get a job washing dishes for a living!

First comes love. . .