A Contest of Sorts

Well, while I was playing with my music tonight while saying goodbye to hopes for a friendship with someone I care about, and I came across three versions that I love of a song that I love. So I was thinking. . . what is your favorite version? Here we have Boots of Spanish Leather sung by Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, and Nanci Griffith.



It is hard not to love the original. Dylan's voice is so evocative.



Joan Baez did this song on a wonderful album of Dylan covers. I adore Baez, and while her voice is so much more refined than Dylan's, I think she understands him.



Finally, there is my lovely Nanci Griffith. What can I say about Nanci?

Vote early and vote often! I'd love to hear what you think.

Comments

Mike Golch said…
Great Postings.Thank you for sharing them.
Anonymous said…
I can pick one over the others - at least not at 0630!
Christine Caver said…
Dylan's version, for me, cannot be bested, though the other two are also great.
apathy lounge said…
I love Griffith, but Dylan's the gold standard. Why can't I get an easy question to answer???!!!
The Other Laura said…
Nanci Griffith. Nancy Griffith. Nanci Griffith. Nancy Griffith.
Karen Jensen said…
Thank you, Laura. I was afraid no one would pick Nanci. Who do I like best? Yes! I cannot pick. I think it depends upon my mood.
Unknown said…
I grew up listening to Joan Baez. Her voice is the richest of the bunch. She's got my vote. I've got Nanci's Other Voices, Other Rooms and this was one of my least favorite songs on the CD.

Different versions of songs were one of my father's passions - Robert Johnson or the Rolling Stones "Love in Vain"? which to choose, which to choose ...
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Embarrassing Personal Revelation #892

Holy Shit! I am going to get a job washing dishes for a living!

First comes love. . .