better to light one candle. . .

Padre Island Sunrise 2009

I have been depressed lately. Time change, health challenges, an election I was certain was going to end in heartache (and it did). But this morning on the commute to work, my comadre, Lindsay,  told me that she was inspired to work harder, to teach her students about global warming and the environment, to fight another day.

It helped. I don't feel that I have a lot of psychic energy left for the fight right now, but I will rally. I offer this photo of the ocean at 6:00 on a summer morning as a reminder that light returns. That beauty exists.

Oh, and here's a baby turtle!

So here's to the love we all share, to the beautiful planet that is our home, to the good people who are willing to fight. Here's to music, and dance, and art. We will survive. 

Comments

The Other Laura said…
Yes and yes! And we rally and we gather our strength and we continue to fight the good fight!

PS- the season change always throws me into a bit of a tailspin too.
slow panic said…
the sun keeps coming up every day. giving us another chance, another opportunity.
I'm with you. I've been having a hard time finding the light lately (which is sad in and of itself because I KNOW there is light and I SEE there is light, but I don't seem to absorb or experience the light, you know what I mean?). Anyway, I love this post and I love to see the baby turtle light. XO
Karen Jensen said…
Exactly, Cheri! I am just trusting that the light is there and someday I will absorb it again.
yes, you always hope that an election like THAT gets activists off the couch and breeds a whole new generation....
Cassi said…
I always have to remind myself that politics is like a merry-go-round. I vote, but I try not to think about it too much otherwise. It's too hard otherwise.
I've read a few pieces which say this doesn't mean as much as we are reading into it vis a vis the election. Still pretty darn depressing.

Popular posts from this blog

Embarrassing Personal Revelation #892

Holy Shit! I am going to get a job washing dishes for a living!

First comes love. . .