Dangerous and Entirely Too Personal


I was talking to my friend Michelle (an RN) today about how lousy I feel, and she asked me how my blood sugar is doing. "I don't know," I replied, "I ate well today, so it should be fine." Of course, I should know. I should be testing my blood every day. It is, as Michelle reminded me ever so gently, very important for a diabetic to monitor her glucose levels.

And, of course, I should be on a healthy diet. I did take a step in that direction yesterday, when I rejoined weight watchers. This is good. Now I'll go by a pharmacy later today and pick up a glucometer.

So why am I posting this personal stuff? To keep me honest. I made a promise to myself this morning to lose 24 pounds in the next 90 days before Christmas. That sounds like a great deal of weight, but it is an average loss of two pounds a week. I can do that if I work at it. So expect me to post about eating and exercising and all of that boring stuff over the next few months. And the occasional encouraging word would be much appreciated.

Comments

Susan Carlin said…
"And never is heard a discouraging word, and the skies are not cloudy all day." I promise to encourage you and if there aren't blue skies, I'll paint you some.

Popular posts from this blog

Embarrassing Personal Revelation #892

Holy Shit! I am going to get a job washing dishes for a living!

To Mary