reading and time


Well, I have finished The Blind Assassin. Wow. What a book. If you haven't read it, I strongly suggest it. Now I am reading Prodigal Summer and Blink. In the car, I'm listening to Love, by Toni Morrison.

This evening, Susan and I were talking about discipline. Actually, I was talking about the need for me to become more disciplined with my writing. Everybody says that's what you should do--make writing a priority. I get caught up in working and in collapsing in front of the television. I tell myself I don't have time to read or write or think big thoughts. And, I am learning that I believe what I tell myself. I am going to start telling myself that I have plenty of time to work, grade papers, play with the dogs, exercise, spend time with Susan and Morgan, play cards, write poems and essays and short stories, and read. Other people seem to find the time. Well, I have enough time, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Embarrassing Personal Revelation #892

Holy Shit! I am going to get a job washing dishes for a living!

To Mary