"I am playing with myself,
I am playing with the world's soul,
I am the dialogue between myself and el espiritu del mundo.
I change myself, I change the world."

Gloria AnzaldĂșa

29 October, 2007

Tonight We're Going to Party Like it's 1699

My friend Mark threw a party Friday night--it was great fun.

Here are Mark and his lovely bride, Leigh.

Susan and I were the old women of the group--everyone else was in their twenties and thirties. Susan remembers one of the guests actually gasped when she mentioned she has a twenty-five year-old daughter. We dressed like aging hippies. The costumes may be a little brighter than our daily attire, but the label is fitting . . .
Susan wishes I were taller. She says that our pictures always look like she is saying, "And here is my little friend, Karen." I won't wear heels, but maybe next time I'll bring a little platform to stand on.

There were many fun costumes and interesting people. There was a capitalist pig--in a black suit with a Starbucks cup, a brief case, and a pink nose and ears--and a woman with babies of many nations pinned to her outfit (Angelina Jolie). But, of course, my favorite people at the party didn't have much to say.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Puppies! Dressed up! Cute!

(danger panda)

Mrs. G. said...

You two are a couple of groovy chicks...looks like a fun party.