An Award and a Meme

Thanks, Julie, for the Thank You award!

It's my first ever recognition, and I would like to thank the little people:



Julie was also kind enough to tag me for the alphabet meme. The idea is to use the letters of the alphabet to describe yourself kindly. So, I'll give it a try. You don't mind if I sing while I'm doing this, do you? I find it necessary to sing if I want the letters in order (which was how I developed the amazing talent of singing under my breath when I was a library assistant in Junior High School and later in college). Anyway, here goes.


Adventerous

Blogger

Clever

Dog lover

Effusive

Friendly

Game player (scrabble, gin rummy, dominoes)

Happy

Intense

Joker

Klutzy

Lover /loyal / lesbian

Morning person

News hound

Open

Poet

Quick (witted and tempered--but I cool down quickly)

Reasonable

Sensual / short / silly

Texan

Unspoiled

Virtuous

Well read / writer

(e)Xcitable

Yellow dog democrat

Zaftig

I'm not going to tag anybody, but I'd love for some of ya'll to play along!

Comments

I love your alphabet list.

But you know what immediately enamored me of your blog? Immediately?

This line in your profile:

"I am a happy woman."

That's almost a sin to admit to these days. And your "sin" of self-aware happiness is infinitely refreshing.
JCK said…
I love that word ZAFTIG. It is a great word!

And as a fellow "Library Club" member, I also love your list.
captain corky said…
"Game player (scrabble, gin rummy, dominoes)"

Just as long as we're talking about those kind of games. ;)
Tracy said…
I used to make alphabet lists, when I swam laps at the Y. This was before waterproof mp3 players, it made a monotonous activity, pass quickly.
storyteller said…
Hi - This is my first visit to your Blog, but I've bookmarked it for easy return when time permits. I'm a dog-lover myself. Had two Beagles in my 20s and live with a Yellow Lab (who's almost entirely white) these days ... with a few "mutts" in between :)

I enjoyed your alphabet list and may give it a go sometime soon on one of my Blogs. It's nice to meet you.
Hugs and blessings,
Melissa said…
Hey! Found you through Julie's blog. Nice to meet another Texan (I'm in Austin).

But I'm a little annoyed that you took my Z word. Hope you don't mind if I use it anyway!
Julie Pippert said…
DOGGIES!!!!

When Mrs. Chicky gets better I'm sure she'll get her Dog Gone Blog going again and it is a fun spot.

Great list, you are welcome, and AWESOME list.

newshound

I love it.

Julie
Using My Words
Mrs. G. said…
I love your furry little people!
jck took my line...ZAFTIG is a rockin' word!

Found you through Julie! Excellent list!

Nice to "meet" you!

Heidi
Yay, Zaftig! Boo, skinny-minnies! But... what's a yellow dog democrat?
Melanie said…
Ah, I just know you were a Yellow Dog Democrat.

(BFC: A Yellow Dog Dem is a uniquely Southern term...I think it references someone who would vote for a yellow dog before they voted for a Republican.)

Popular posts from this blog

Embarrassing Personal Revelation #892

Holy Shit! I am going to get a job washing dishes for a living!

To Mary